Griffiths Training Courses are open to paediatricians and psychologists.
Allied Health Professionals (e.g. Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Specialist Health Visitor) may also apply if they are –
1) part of a Child Development Team, or
2) actively involved in research or monitoring, and
3) can be supervised by an experience Griffiths User.
As Griffiths III is a clinical tool to be used by clinical professionals, teachers are not eligible to be trained.
Training to become a Registered User of Griffiths III is offered in 2 parts.
- Part I is an e-learning module covering general theory and concepts of child development and its assessment, interpretation and report writing. It will also introduce you to Griffiths III. You must have passed Part I in order to continue to Part II. The e-module may take from 6-10 hours to complete, so you should ensure that you will be able to complete part I in time to be accepted for Part II.
- Book the course and pay via the website.
- You will receive a link to the e-learning module and a password.
- Take the e-module, pass the assessment and receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Part II is the Face-to-Face course where you will gain practical experience using the Griffiths III. These are offered by approved Tutors and are available world-wide. Fees and payment for Part II is arranged directly with the course organiser. Please find a course on https://www.aricd.ac.uk/training-courses/. The course runs over 3 days, and some courses have a follow-up day a few months later to consolidate your learning and practice. Details about the specific course and contact and booking details will be available on the website. After successfully completing part II, your Tutor will inform ARICD and you will receive a Griffiths III Registration Certificate. This certifies that you are a Registered User of Griffiths III and you will be eligible to purchase equipment and supplies from Hogrefe or other approved suppliers in your country.
- Book part II on the website (if enabled) or directly with the course organiser.
- You will receive an application form and payment details from the organiser.
- Return the application form and send the payment to the organiser and ensure to complete Part I if you have not already done so.
- Course organiser will confirm your place if accepted.
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of Part II.
- ARICD will send you a Griffiths III Registration Certificate.