Griffiths Training Courses are open to paediatricians and psychologists.
Allied Health Professionals (e.g. Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Specialist Health Visitor) may also apply if they are –
1) part of a Child Development Team, or
2) actively involved in research or monitoring, and
3) can be supervised by an experience Griffiths User.
AHP Bookings for Part I should be accompanied by a supporting letter from the lead clinician of the CDT and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 1) details of the CDT, 2) name, profession and role of the supervisor who is a Registered User, and 3) your role in the CDT.
As Griffiths III is a clinical tool to be used by clinical professionals, teachers are not eligible to be trained.
Training to become a Registered User of Griffiths III is offered in 2 parts, with separate fees for each part.
- Part I is an e-learning module covering general theory and concepts of child development and its assessment, interpretation and report writing. It will also introduce you to Griffiths III. You must have passed Part I in order to continue to Part II. The e-module may take from 6-10 hours to complete, so you should ensure that you will be able to complete part I in time to be accepted for Part II.
- Book the course after logging into your account and pay via the website. This fee is to ARICD and is separate from Part iI fees.
- You will receive a link to the e-learning module once the payment is received.
- Take the e-module, pass the assessment and receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Part II is the Face-to-Face course where you will gain practical experience using the Griffiths III. These are offered by approved Tutors and are available world-wide. Bookings, fees and payment for Part II are arranged directly with the course organiser. Please find a course and its specific details here. The course runs over 3 days. After successfully completing part II, your Tutor will inform ARICD and you will receive a Griffiths III Registration Certificate from ARICD. This certifies that you are a Registered User of Griffiths III and you will be eligible to purchase equipment and supplies from Hogrefe or other approved suppliers in your country.
- Book part II on the website (if enabled) or directly with the course organiser.
- You will receive an application form and payment details from the organiser.
- Return the application form and send the payment to the organiser and ensure to complete Part I if you have not already done so.
- Course organiser will confirm your place if accepted.
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of Part II.
- ARICD will send you a Griffiths III Registration Certificate.
The suggested timeline is illustrated below.